ENGINEERING PROPERTIES OF HYBRID FIBER REINFORCED CEMENTITIOUS COMPOSITES FOR SUSTAINABLE STRUCTURES
- 1. Department of Civil Engineering, Konya Technical University, Konya, Turkey
- 2. Department of Civil Engineering, Konya Technical University, Konya, Turkey
Abstract: An experimental investigation was carried out on hybrid fiber reinforced cement mortars through the use of polymeric (1% by volume) and steel fibers (1% by volume). In order to compare results specimens were also produced with single fiber incorporation together with plain specimens as reference. The incorporation of single fibers was totally kept at 2% by volume of each mixture. A total of 4 mixtures were produced and specimens were tested to assess their compressive strength and flexural strength. Improvement of basic engineering properties was further elaborated via microstructural characterization including scanning electron microscopy and video microscope recorder. Results suggest steel fiber incorporated cement mortars by volume of 2% were promising to exhibit increased bending resistance while hybrid and single polymeric fiber reinforced specimens were comparable.